Reading Cards for Young Learners - Card 3
These cards are practice materials for young people who are learning English. They are set at elementary or pre-intermediate level.
Waylink Young Learner's Reading Card
Katie and Tom live in the same house. They have the same birthday. They were born on the same day. They are the same age. Katie is a girl and Tom is a boy. They are twins! The children are also good friends. They play together. They go to school together. They play basketball together. They are both in the school team.
Complete these sentences.
Write one word in each space:
- Katie and Tom are ...... .
Katie and Tom are twins.
- The two children were ...... on the same ...... .
The two children were born on the same day.
- The children are good ...... and they like to ...... together.
The children are good friends and they like to play together.
- They go to ...... together and they ...... basketball together.
They go to school together and they play basketball together.
- Both of the ...... are in the school ...... team.
Both (of the) children are in the school basketball team.
- If brothers and sisters are ...... on the same day they are called ...... .
If brothers and sisters are born on the same day they are called twins